|Children love stories.|
Make sure you write them a story worth reading
- Your story should always be about a child, a group of children, or a creature children will relate to; for example, an animal or being from another realm.
- The central character should be of a similar age, or slightly older than your target audience.
- The plot should focus on the main character, although there may be related sub-plots which feed into it.
- It should always be the protagonist who solves the problem or dilemma.
- The setting should be in a world engaging to children.
- Keep the story moving.
- The language and content should be appropriate to your target audience.
- Spend time with children and soak up their world.
- Don't lecture.
- Do your homework – read children’s books