Friday, 31 October 2014

Gratuitous puppies by way of an apology

I was horrified to open up my blog today and see that the last time I posted anything was August.

Gratuitous puppies
August!

As shocked as I was, I also wasn't surprised. Because the last few months have been crazy busy.

I've been finishing a book, fleshing out another one, working on a stage play (an entirely new departure for me, but it's going to have singing and dancing and a cast of thousands), critiquing, selling myself on social media, doing school visits, teaching (and you know, ugh, all the planning & preparing for that), washing, ironing (managed a whole hour in the last 2 months), cooking, cleaning, tending to the sick and the elderly, being a mum, running a hotel, taxi service and recipe information line, eating, sleeping ... Did I mention having fun? Because yes, I've even had some of that...

Awww ...
But the bottom line is, there simply aren't enough hours in the day to do everything, and something had to give. So apologies for lack of bloggery. When I can see the wood for the trees, or the blue sky above the clouds, or the pumpkin at the end of the rainbow ... or something, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed for my new baby (aka my latest book), which is right this minute out there, on its own for the first time, looking for a new home. And if you happen to come across it, please be nice ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting.