Friday, 23 May 2014

Seven Things

I would like to thank my mum, my dad,
 and everyone who knows me...
I’ve been nominated for yet another award...  

It’s the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I’m sure my blog is neither inspiring nor very inspiring, but my nominator is Katie Hayoz and I would deny her nothing. We were joint runners-up in the Mslexia Children’s Novel Competition way back in 2013 and I have loved her ever since. Obviously she’s a brilliant writer or she wouldn’t have reached the dizzy heights of Mslexia stardom that she did, but she’s also a kind and wonderful person and you should read her blog, because if you want inspiring, that’s where you will find it.

Anyway, the Very Inspiring Blogger Award is given by bloggers to bloggers and here are the rules:

1. Link back to the person nominating you for the award ü
2. Display the Very Inspiring Blogger logo ü
3. Reveal seven things about yourself (see below)
4. Nominate seven others to receive the award (see below)

Okay.  So seven things about me that you won't find on my profile:

1. I once fell through the roof of a greenhouse. Easy when you know how.

2. If I tell you I used to go to school with someone, chances are I am lying. 

3. The book I am currently reading is We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart. I saw some great reviews on Goodreads, and bought it immediately. It’s awesome so far. Don’t tell me how it ends…

4. Given the choice, I would only watch comedy on TV. I’ve got an eclectic comedy taste and will give anything a try, but if it doesn’t make me laugh I won’t persevere. Would I Lie To You is one of my favourite comedy quiz shows.



5. I went to school with Bruce Springsteen.

6. I returned to teaching last year and not only do I love it, I am learning an incredible amount, and my writing has definitely improved because of it.

7. Apples grow in my garden and I make apple chutney with them.

So there you go, seven things about me - most of which are actually true.  Now here are seven writer/ bloggers who inspire me. Maybe they will inspire you, too:

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination, Wendy. I always enjoy reading your blog posts and, of course, your novels too. You've inspired me to do a new Horrormoanal Woman post now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray - I shall look forward to it :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination, Wendy. How is Bruce these days? Will get to thinking about my seven things straight away, x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see much of Bruce anymore - he seems to be avoiding me. :)

      Delete
  3. I see what you did there lol Awesome 7 things. Working on mine...because, Katie Hayoz ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm looking forward to yours, KN x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting.