Saturday, 24 August 2013

FREE LOVE

Free! Free! Free!
This weekend for five glorious days, BRING ME SUNSHINE is FREE on Amazon UK and US. As regular readers of my blog will know, I am not totally in love with having to promote and publicise my own work. So in order to maximise takers on this undoubtedly magnificent FREE offer, I paid for a bit of promo.

But something went wrong - and I'm not going to name names here - but let's just say that apart from a little bit of successful publicity, the rest just didn't happen. I've spoken to the people involved and they were very sorry and I'm getting a refund and all that, but I still have a book on FREE for 5 days, and that is my total FREE allowance for the quarter.

I wanted to cry, when I realised that not one promo experience had gone pear-shaped, but two.

So what did I do? Well, I went on jolly old facebook, asked for help, and WOW! I got it. Individuals, Kindle Users Group and Free Promo pages all rallied round. And then the folks on Twitter did the same.

So this post is just to say a big THANK YOU to all those lovely writers and writery types who rally round. I love you!

You make the world a better place...

(Oh, and did I mention that BRING ME SUNSHINE was FREE until August 27th?)

4 comments:

Thanks for commenting.